Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Week In and I Am Holding On...

So, I have been taking the Metformin for my PCOS for a week now.  So far so good.  The first couple of days were a little bit queasy, but nothing this tough momma couldn't handle.  I was warned to be careful of carbs while taking it, so I have been really conscious about my carb intake.  It is down to almost nothing.  If I DO have something, I have it in the morning since I take my meds at night.  I also have been trying to make better choices all around just because I need to.  I have had little to no sugar, save for my morning cup of coffee, which you can pry from my cold, dead hands.  I NEED it to function.  Seriously...you do not want to deal with me without my morning java.  SO...tonight I have had to start taking two pills a day instead of just the one.  I have not felt any bad side effects from it yet, and I hope it stays that way.  I hate, hate, HATE that I have to be on meds at all.  Those who know me know that I don't like to take anything if I can keep from it.  I try to do things holistically if possible.  But my doctor says this is the best route and even though my trust is doctors has been horribly shaken, I have to trust she is doing what is best for now.  She says we can try to control things through my diet a little later on, and I am holding her to it.  I HAVE noticed that I am hungry A LOT and thirsty all the time, so I pee a ton.  I feel like I am pregnant again in that respect.  (I am NOT pregnant...just FYI).  I guess that makes sense since it is supposed to increase my metabolism.  I am eating lots of salads, lean meats, veggies and a small amount of fruits though, so hopefully I can use this situation to my advantage.  I am also so very thankful for the support from my family and friends.  I am making it through this because of all of you.  Thank you.  I have the best people in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment