Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feel the Burn!!!

So, for most of my adult life, I have fought with my weight.  I have always been overweight and even at my smallest, was still curvy.  Before I had Cooper, I had lost quite a bit of weight and was feeling good about myself.  After Cooper was born, however, that all changed.  If you have had a child, you know that it completely changes your body.  My body changed quite a bit and I hated it.  I went out and bought a new wardrobe thinking that would help my self image.  It helped for a little while since I now had clothes that fit my new body, but eventually I felt bad about myself again, but not because of the way I looked.  I found it hard to run around and play with my toddler.  After 10 minutes of running around outside or chasing each other through the house, I was winded.  I was 31 years young and couldn't play with my son like he deserved! 

My mom helped me with the funds to sign up for the Metabolic Research Center program.  I did really well and lost 40 pounds in no time.  I was back down to my pre-pregnancy size. I felt great! 

THEN, I fell in love!  LOL   I got "fat and happy" and gained back 20 of the pounds I had worked so hard to lose. Chris has a HUGE sweet tooth and that is fine for him...he is skinny already.  He loves me  so much and he tells me all the time how much he loves my curves.  He loves me for who I am and I love him for it.  He says he wishes I could see myself as he sees me....and I would be fine with my weight, except that I want to be around for a LONG time for my son. 

I started WeightWatchers this week.  So far, so good.  I am finding it really easy to stay within my points and I still get a treat now and then.  I also started "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred".  SHE is kicking my ass, but I feel really good after my workout and I know that it will all be worth it in the end, even if I CAN'T walk upright right now.  LOL

On a completely unrelated topic, I get to go try on wedding dresses this weekend.  Yay!

Until my next post,
Love each other....


2 comments:

  1. So why not go back to the Metabolic Research Center if it worked so well the first time? Too much money? Wanted to try something different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a LOT more money and on WeightWatchers, I don't have to deprive myself of treats. I need to mix it up some or I get bored. It's the same way with my workout. I have four different forms of workout that I am going to be doing, this week is Jillian. :)

    ReplyDelete